Monday, June 20, 2005
~La Cage, Philharmonic, and Chocolate~
Starting off with msgs cos I can't seem to post on my tag board cos i'm using a Mac:
Melch> Yes I am alive! Email me!
Ewen> Yes I will i will! Cya when I get back OK! Dinner!
Charkwa> I tried the dark chocolate one. next will be the raspberry one! (with whipped cream)
Caught my first musical yesterday, La Cage, and it was hilarious. A musical that encourages homosexual love, transverstites, and poking fun at one of Singapore's central religions would probably never be allowed to set foot on our little island. But I liked it. The acting was marvellous, and the singing was good. Although I just couldn't get used to men in drag looking absolutely gorgeous prancing and dancing around in short skirts, frills, feather boas, and high heels. Kumar and Co are nothing compared to them. And their hot bods were... Mmmmm. =) I hope that they're straight, and that their acting was just really good.
The Philharmonic orchestra tonight was amazing. A violin has never sounded so wonderful before, and hearing the orchestra in its full prowess and just sitting there taking in the music just makes an indescribable emotion. The closest word to describe it would be enthralled. Or enchanting.
My favourite place to visit so far has been the Hershey's store on Broadway. Ohhh golly, the entire store is just packed with chocolates, chocolates, and more chocolates. Not to mention a giant Hershey's kiss, a chocolate-making machine that really works, and giganormous bottles of Hershey's dark chocolate sauce. *screams* It was a real blast taking pics, and smelling the chocolate, and trying to decide what to buy, and finally settling on this absolutely adorable dark brown tee with the Hershsey's word in silver lettering on it. Only that it was overpriced, and it cost US$20. But still!!!!
Oh, and have I mentioned the Coach Bags????? Macy's was having a 1-day special sale, and some of the Coach bags were on discount!!!! Those that know the shopaholic in me (ie Angie, Melch, Charkwa, Mello and probably many many other people) can probably imagine what I did. -- I ran around the Coach department screaming and pulling my hair out. And then after that bought 5 bags to bring home. (Disclaimer: Not all are for me.) So now I'm stuck with a bit of a problem -- I'll probably have to hand carry them home cos they're too precious to squash. Along with this 3D painting of Central Park and the City that's so cute, but so squashable as well. *shrill* How am I gonna carry it all???
Whatever. I'll leave that to 1st July to think about. Off to the Woodbury factory outlet stores tomorrow!!! I think I'm gonna bring San's big backpack there. My tiny totes won't serve any positive purpose.
NYC Time: 18 June, 11.56pm
lying among the petals 2:56 AM