Karen
Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Technology + Karen = Disaster

I decided to take the NEL to school instead of the bus today cos it would be more reliable and I absolutely could not be late for the photoshoot for Hip-Hopera. So I left my house at at 3.45pm -- a very safe time to leave. I would have had more than enough time to get to school by 5pm for the shoot.

However, the train decided to stop at Potong Pasir station for no reason at all. For 45 minutes. Stupid announcement kept repeating that they were sorry for the inconvenience caused. Damn right they should be sorry!! What a waste of my time. If I wanted to take a cab, I would have done so from 69 Kovan Road, not take a stupid train to Potong Pasir, waste 45 minutes of my time, and then fight with the other desperate commuters for a cab. (Not to mention that I got scared for a little while when my over active imagination entertained the thought that there was a terrorist attack.)

So in the end, when I finally got my cab, I was still 10 minutes late. Argh!

*irritated*

But I guess things happen for a reason, cos while waiting in the taxi line, the guy in front started talking to me and we bitched about the lousy transportation system. And then he asked whether I was in a rush, and I said yes, VERY, and he let me take the cab first. At the same time, I think I managed to sell him some tickets for the musical. Or at least, he gave me his email and told me to email him the details. I hope that at least makes my 10 bucks of cab fare worth it.

And at least the photoshoot went really well, cos the photographers got loads of good pictures to work with. I hope that things go smoothly from now on. I've just about had it with things screwing up all the time.

lying among the petals 4:46 PM
.speak.





the dear friends

Ade
Aloy
Alvina
Angie
Charkwa
Charlin
Dary-o
Draggie
Elgin
Emily
Ewen
Faith
Ian
Jacq
Jeannette
Jo
Jon
Justin
Karen.C
Keenan
KPKP
Lestero
Mark
Matt
Mau
Melch
Mello
Mingo
Mitch
Nat
Netto
Nik
Nitasya
Pau
San
Shane
Teresa
Valie
Vic
Wang mumu
Zen



archives

  • FirefliesFaith Hill & Lori McKennaBefore you met m...
  • The new IJ is beautiful. After Sharon described it...
  • After worrying about not being able to find a temp...
  • My precious Samsung E700A is dead. It conked out ...
  • This CNY was so incredibly h.o.t. The weather was ...
  • Finally! The weekend is here.I am so relieved.
  • SHUT UP LA!!
  • A multitude of quizzesWhat Your Underwear Says Abo...
  • contact lens woesI think something's up with the l...
  • There's something wonderful about spending an afte...