Karen
Friday, July 14, 2006

The last couple of days have seen me doing stuff that I haven't done in a long long time. Or even done before.

Graduation was of course, a unique experience, unless I count that time in K2 which featured us poor sods wearing the gowns and standing in front of the painted forest scenery. With animals. Yech. Nothing else to say abt convo, except Hurray!

And well, last night, I was all set for a nice relaxed evening at home with my music and my trashy book, until Ming called me out for supper at 1.45am. We intended to go to the Hongkong Cafe near my house that's supposed to be 24 hours but it was closed at bloody 2am. Needless to say, I was mighty irritated that they even dared to put "24 hours" on their signboard when they close at 2am from Mon-Thurs. So we left feeling dejected and hungry. Until the bright idea surfaced from Ming to head to Geylang, and I agreed with much hesitation. Why? Cos our sense of direction sucks. And thus we proceeded to get lost and our journey to Geylang took this path: Kovan Road --> NUS --> Harbourfront --> Fort Road --> Short detour to Kampong Arang Road to see if Angie was awake but she was sleeping --> and FINALLY we reached Geylang to eat our xiaolongbao and oyster meesua. I reached home at 5am. haha.

Tonight I once again declare my love for Adrian Pang. He is so hilarious, and such a fabulous actor. Watched The Dresser with Dharm and it was lovely! It's funny but also poignant, and the staging was very interesting. The idea of the play within the play that's been done to death, but the staging managed to swing it into the "hmmm pretty cool" department. Not bad at all. Ming fetched me from the theatre after that for supper, and we attempted to find a midnight movie to watch but Pirates was sold out and only Basic Instinct was left. Bah. So I came up with one of my brainwaves, which saw us heading to Mustafa Centre for some midnight shopping. Haha. Not bad actually, we came away with one new telephone, a key ring, and Salonpas. And I'm eyeing an Esprit watch and a Guess watch. I'm just wondering if it's cheaper than outside? Mustafa is so damn huge. We took 2 hours to walk around the whole place. Pretty fun, I want to do it all again. Hehe.

I'm beat. I want to snuggle up in bed with my book and hot tea. Off to do that. Good night all. =)

lying among the petals 3:44 AM
.speak.





the dear friends

Ade
Aloy
Alvina
Angie
Charkwa
Charlin
Dary-o
Draggie
Elgin
Emily
Ewen
Faith
Ian
Jacq
Jeannette
Jo
Jon
Justin
Karen.C
Keenan
KPKP
Lestero
Mark
Matt
Mau
Melch
Mello
Mingo
Mitch
Nat
Netto
Nik
Nitasya
Pau
San
Shane
Teresa
Valie
Vic
Wang mumu
Zen



archives

  • (click to enlarge)Well here it is. Evidence that p...
  • (click to enlarge)
  • Pet Peeves in no particular order of merit#1 Peopl...
  • Today, I...... decided that Kwa & her guitar are h...
  • Someone said something to me that I really dislike...
  • Check out my new sheets! Underwear galore!He He He...
  • APM for Hip-Hopera? Me?? Since when?
  • I'd Rather Be SailingMusic by William FinnLyrics b...
  • Today turned out to be a great day. After a small ...
  • Sometimes I think vacations are not good for me. I...