Wednesday, March 02, 2005
PhewFree day tmr! Plans for the day:9am: Wake up. Check on the weather. If it's nice and hot, go swimming! 12 noon: Check back home from pool (if the weather behaves), bathe dogs.2pm: Watch Manhunt on Starworld, eat lunch.3pm: Representations readings. --American Idol at night--=)I'm glad today is over. I stayed up late studying for my test last night, and this morning was hell, trying to drag myself out of bed. Lucky the presentation for Renaissance went fine, and Prof Walter Lim looked rather pleased with our input and discussion. Of course even during the presentation, I was thinking of my Tragedy material, and stressing myself out, wondering what minor points Dr Ang and Prof Patke would include in the test. =l What with a 9-10am presentation and a 10-11am midterm paper, life wasn't that great this weekend, cos much of it was spent studying. I did enjoy myself on Saturday though. Going back to CJ for the CSS Games Day to be the "flower-vase" (Chunky said! Bah) was really fun. Sitting on the grandstand watching them brought back fond memories of me pretending to have cramps to escape PE. I wonder if Jason Liu (our quite hot PE teacher!) ever realised that I once 'had my period' 2 weeks in a row? Haha. =) I love the breeze at the grandstand.. it's a wonderful feeling to be so high up.. that isn't a feeling that I can get a lot of nowadays. Unless I count sitting at the CSS corner in the Arts canteen near the edge. But that is far from great, cos the breeze is only in the early morning, and that's when those ridiculous birds come hopping around on the seats and tables around you. So I spent only an hour plus at Games Day, then headed off to Fish n Co where San and I met Jean for her belated birthday lunch. =) It was really nice spending time with them, cos we don't really get time together often enough. Felt like CJ once again. Then headed off to Dorothy Perkins cos Jean wanted to check out clothes, and all 3 of us walked out of there with new jeans. *oops* Well there was 10bucks off the jeans, and I managed to top up my F3 card to 216 points. So wasn't too bad a deal. another 34 points and I get a voucher. Haha.Reflection: Am I Escapist? I wonder why I keep thinking back on CJ days, and keep wishing and wishing that I were back in that time again. It gets kind of depressing sometimes too. Because I know that the special time there can never be brought back again, except in my memories. And sometimes, no matter what they say, memories are just not enough.
lying among the petals 4:57 PM