Friday, February 11, 2005
A whole lot fatter
CNY reunion dinner was fabulous, my mum filled my entire dining table with food. There wasn't an inch left empty, and for those of you who know, my dining table's pretty huge! It's a 10-seater round table. Woot! Had a fabulous time eating and talking with my family, and the entire dinner lasted a whole 2.5 hours. *beam* Plus it was my mum's birthday! So it made the dinner especially tasty because we know she spent her birthday cooking and cooking in the kitchen, just to ensure that we had a super yummy dinner on CNY eve. Isn't it so sweet of her? Of cos my dad rewarded her with a fabulous birthday present, which I personally wouldn't mind receiving too.
The first day of CNY was ok.. spent the day at Granny's, where a lot more eating was done. Went to buy lo-hei with my auntie too! That bunch of vegetables and tiny portion of fish cost $18! What a rip-off man. And I don't even like it that much, except for the raw fish. Hrrrrmm. But the fun of the day was playing mahjong with my cousins.
My mum cooked mee siam, kong-bah, and kueh paiti today! Plus there was oreo cheesecake which I made on Tuesday. Woooot. Had my cousins and godparents over, and proper conversation gave way to a lot of gossip and laughing. Waaay fun. Plus all the great food too. And I just finished playing mahjong with my parents and sisinlaw! Hahaha. I love mahjong!
I've eaten too much this CNY. I hope I can fit into my new stuff, most of which I haven't worn yet.
Ash Friday tomorrow.. I better get some work done... or I'll be behind in my readings. Isn't this sickening? Fun stuff always has to give way to boring old schoolwork... *retch*
I have nothing to say about this. (Can I really afford to be picky?!)
lying among the petals 5:26 PM