Tuesday, May 24, 2005
Weekend of food and a bit of shopping
I love my weekends away with my parents and extended family. Although things are usually hectic and messy thanks to the kids that come along, they still turn out to be great fun. Although this one was a bit of a challenge cos of the two 1.5 yr olds, and a very active 4 yr old. I must say I did a pretty good job babysitting, although my arm really aches from having to carry the 2 younger ones, and my ears are ringing from constant cries of "Yiyi Karen, pls carry me!", "Yiyi Karen, can I sit on your lap?", "Yiyi Karen, can you hold my hand?" -- all courtesy of a very loud 4 yr old named Prudence. For those of you who remember her as the little flower girl from my bro's wedding; she's a lot louder and quite a bit heavier now.
Didn't get much shopping done, thanks to a very agreeable mum who appeared to think that watching the young kids splash around in the pool at the condo is fun, and sacrificing shopping is but a small price to pay for it. Not so, but I guess I braved it well enough, thanks to the trashy novels that I wisely brought along.
Well no worries, I think I'm going to KL next week or something like that, and that's where I'll totally be in My Element. Oooh Shopping.
Looking forward to that, but here's more stuff to look forward to! I'm brazenly gonna ask people for a date. Guy or girl, doesn't matter. Would anyone like to watch Dim Sum Dollies with me??? Please O please!!!
** 15% off the $68 (best seats!) tix if booked before 5 June, so hurry hury!!!
*feels cheap*
lying among the petals 4:53 PM