Karen
Saturday, April 08, 2006

Angie and I brought our cameras to school today to commemorate our last official day of lessons in NUS. It's been a long and tiring journey, and I'm glad we see the light at the end of the tunnel -- FINALLY. Well, we're of course not home-free yet. There are still exams to get through, and we can never be too sure of ourselves about things like that. Sometimes we have no control.

But for now, I shall take it that we're almost at the end of the road, and it indeed has been a long, winding, and interesting one. NUS was not something I would have chosen for myself had I been given a wider choice back when I was only 19. It is kinda ironic that cos I did well for As, I was subject to a choiceless decision to come to NUS, but it is not something that I had control of. Now, 3 years on, I am more in control of my life, and I'm glad for the fact that the past 3 years have been a growing experience for me and I am surer of what I want in life now. In a way, the parental decision for me to go to NUS was a good one, because now I know fully what it is like to go through the entire Singapore Education System and live to tell my tale. I have made some good friends, lost a few along the way, but overall came out relatively unscathed.

I will never write about NUS the way I write about CJ or IJ, because the experience was a completely different one. In truth, there is no room for comparison at all-- I remember CJ and IJ with much more fondness than I would ever remember NUS. However, I am so thankful for the close friends that I have found during my undergraduate journey, and this is cemented in the simple actions of some of those wonderful people that have graced my life these past 3 years. It was so heartwarming when Charkwa and Mello told Angie and I during tea today to set aside a day each week for us to meetup after graduation. I am honestly pleased and touched that the friendships forged in NUS now have the propensity to grow into bigger, better relationships that will take us further than just these 3 years of our lives.

No doubt I have been disillusioned by certain incidents, experiences, and relationships. But these will only propel me to make better choices in the future and for that, I am thankful.

Everything is a learning experience, and I'm glad for the opportunities that have come my way these past 3 years that have taught me to love, live, and most importantly, to let go.


Image hosting by Photobucket

lying among the petals 3:22 PM
.speak.





the dear friends

Ade
Aloy
Alvina
Angie
Charkwa
Charlin
Dary-o
Draggie
Elgin
Emily
Ewen
Faith
Ian
Jacq
Jeannette
Jo
Jon
Justin
Karen.C
Keenan
KPKP
Lestero
Mark
Matt
Mau
Melch
Mello
Mingo
Mitch
Nat
Netto
Nik
Nitasya
Pau
San
Shane
Teresa
Valie
Vic
Wang mumu
Zen



archives

  • Wasn't the weather this afternoon absolutely gorge...
  • Good times.. are remembered, bad times forgotten. ...
  • This morning was a complete bitch -- waking up ear...
  • What I resort to doing to add a bit of colour to m...
  • Journalism is about putting your heart in, not tak...
  • Another day, and another lesson learned. The world...
  • Because I want my blog to go back to its original ...
  • I'm still in a bit of a daze after the week of fra...
  • I'm beat. Angie came over after school today so we...