Tuesday, June 28, 2005
Back from Philadelphia!! One thing I gotta state - The Philly Cheese Steak is really yummy. A sandwich stuffed full of tender beef, crunchy onions, peppers, and smothered in cheeeese is exactly my idea of a fantastic meal. ooooo man.
Philly is indeed different from NYC. It's minus all the hustle, the people, the honking cars, the bright lights, the food-on-every-corner syndrom, and altogether is so much more peaceful than NYC. I was a bit scared walking around cos there weren't many people, and the only ones we saw this morning were homeless people, and a few other individuals walking around. But maybe that's cos we were up early to go get free tickets to visit the Liberty Bell and the Constitution house. (which were pretty darn cooool!)
Watched Evita in Philly too, and the show wasn't exactly what I expected. The first half was a bit slow, and the staging was a tad bit strange. I don't think I've ever seen spots that tremble as they shine on the performer. Hahaha. But the fab part about watching the matinee instead of the evening show (I bought the wrong tickets, and had to watch a different show from the rest!) is that I got a super seat upgrade from the 45USD tix to the 75USD ones. woopee! And I sat beside this rather interesting old man who told me that George Washington himself sat in one of the box seats in the ultra old but extremely gorgeous theatre that we were in. IMAGINE THAT!!! And that the Philharmonic's first concert was also in that very theatre before moving on to bigger theatres. Ooooo.
We went to a very beautiful church for mass too, and met this really cute friar, Fr Jimmy. He seemed to have a thing for welcoming people, and he sure did a wonderful job in making us feel very very welcome in the church, and even wanted to bring us for dinner until he found out that San, her mum, and sis had Evita to attend. He's just so loveable, and friendly, and so grandfatherly that you can't help but love him. And he insisted on giving each of us our very own bulletin to bring home, even though we obviously wouldn't be able to attend any of the activities in the church. =) It's nice people like him that can really brighten up your day!!!
And so now I'm back in NYC on a Sunday night, and counting down (rather mournfully) to Friday, when I'll have to board the plane home. I don't wanna go! I think I have too much stuff for my puny luggage, meaning I'll have to be squishing my stuff like nobody's business. And I don't want to have to go home to handle boring things like bidding for next sem. I want to stay here in the Big Apple and people-watch, dog-watch, clothes-watch, and everything else-watch!!! =(
*bawls*
Meanwhile, I guess I'll just have to squeeze my final week for all it is worth, and really enjoy it to the fullest.
NYC Time: 12.23am 27th June
lying among the petals 3:03 AM