Friday, September 30, 2005
Saltwater
We are a rock revolving Around a golden sunWe are a billion children rolled into one So when I hear about the hole in the skySaltwater wells in my eyes We climb the highest mountainWe'll make the desert bloomWe're so ingenious we can walk on the moonBut when I hear of how the forests have diedSaltwater wells in my eyesI have lived for loveNow that's not enough For the world I love is dying (And now I'm crying)Time is not a friend (no friend of mine)'Cause friends, we're out of timeAnd it's slowly passing by Right before our eyes We light the deepest ocean Send photographs on Mars We're so enchanted by how clever we areWhy should one baby feel so hungry she criesSaltwater wells in my eyesI have lived for love Now that's not enoughFor the world I love is dying (And now I'm crying)Time is not a friend (no friend of mine)'Cause friends, we're out of time And it's slowly passing byRight before our eyesWe are a rock revolving Around a golden sunWe are a billion children rolled into oneWhat will I think of meThe day that I dieSaltwater wells in my eyes
lying among the petals 6:03 PM