Wednesday, September 07, 2005
Yesterday was a pretty cool day. Did a bit of reading in the morning (yay!) before meeting Trevor (who very gentlemanly-ly came to pick me up) to go and collect the very-troublesome-somebody's belated birthday present. =l Very-trouble-somebody, you better be nice to me!!! ROAR. Trevor is one kind too. He looked at the top but couldn't remember how it looked like. And when I tested him, he pointed out some weird-ass top that looked nothing like the one that very-troublesome-somebody picked out. And he had a good 5 minutes to look at it when very-troublesome-somebody was choosing it the other day!
But ah well, it turned out to be a pretty fun afternoon. Helped a million that Trevor drove me all the way to Jurong for my Meet-The-MP Session! So nice of him!
And Yupppp I got to meet Minister Tharman Shamugaratnam yesterday evening, which was waaaaay cool.
Got a chance to sit in with the volunteers that handle the public who bring in their complains or their grievances, and I think that after listening to and talking with them, I have learned a lot more about society than I could ever learn in class. Met an old uncle who has been homeless for 2 months cos he got evicted from his flat, and after that got kicked out from his friend's home after staying for only 1 week. To make things worse, he can't use his right arm cos he was involved in an accident. =( He showed me his belongings - everything was in a tiny 7-11 plastic bag. I can't imagine fitting everything I have into that little bag.
Met some other interesting people at the session too, including a bunch of lawyers who had plenty to say and even the CEO of Costa Sands Resort. Funky business! Exchanged contacts with some of these people, and hopefully I'll be emailing or calling them soon for internship opportunities or simply to learn more about what they do and how to handle different things. It'd be a cool experience. Even met a nice lawyer who told me he wants to beef up the Arts Scene for youths in the Jurong area, and that sounds really really exciting. I offered my help, so hopefully I'll be doing some fun Arts events and stuff in the coming months. YAY!
The session was supposed to end at 10pm, but it ended at 11.20pm instead!!! We had a pretty interesting chat with the Minister and his wife, and I realise that this guy has just sooo much to do. I don't even know if I'll be dedicated enough to my job to work till midnight every Monday. But then again, if I was earning that kind of salary, yup, I might just do it. =) Haha.
And a beeg beeg thank-you to Chunky Mark for driving to ulu-land Lakeside (eeeP!!) from Holland V and waiting for 1 hour for me so I could get a lift home!! *beam* Sorry you missed part of Las Vegas and couldn't blog in time before it turned 12...
I have such good friends! *much love*
Today's been a long day. I had lesson at 8am, so feeling sleepy now! And early class tomorrow again. But before I go... here's a little birthday wish to my dear cousin Andre... to whom I grew up with and had many fun moments together running around at Granny's, or climbing the spider-web at Temasek Club..
Love you muchly!!
lying among the petals 2:31 PM