Karen
Monday, September 05, 2005

I love my weekends.

I really need to buckle down and do more of my readings! Probably been enjoying life a bit too much, but I can't help it. Stuff keeps popping up - stuff that's a lot more fun than doing readings!

Eep!

Friday night was spent at Fluid Bar at Chinasquare with Trevor and Melch... it's the old Carnegies! Was wondering why I felt like I had been there before although I had never set foot in the place, until Melch finally figured out why the stairs and the open area above us looked familiar. hehe! The music was ok, but the drinks were good. 1 for 1 all night. But I felt really sian and tired (probably cos I had class that day) and we left kinda early.

Woke up on Saturday feeling damn blahhh... I think it was cos of the drinks and cigarette smoke and the lack of sleep from the night before. But thanks to Mello, I perked up around 2.30pm cos we met for some good old shopping -- the perfect cure to blahness. Plus I got a really cute M&S top... =) .. which didn't look so hot on *ahem*. =l

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
-nicked this off Val's blog. Artwork also courtesy of Val! haha.


Spending time with Val, Kes, Chunky, Charkwa, Wayne, Draggie, Nat, Alph, and Pearl at Essential Brew and later at Breko's had Saturday ending off on a really good note. As usual, the whole time together was filled with laughter, lame-ass jokes, and chemistry that only the combination of the above mentioned people (and some others) could produce. =)

Out of the many things in the world that I love doing, near the top of the list would be just chilling with friends and talking about absolutely ridiculous and frivolous things. In the midst of school and the pressure of doing well, it's nights out like these that can really get you through it all.

And finally.. pictures! Some badly taken ones cos it was dark at Breko and I didn't want to use flash cos it'd irritate everybody around us.. .



Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Val looking pretty as usual, and Chunky looking... _______ .

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Nat laughing at Kessy Poon and his usual antics (Kes, get over Baba!)

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Pearl MIA Huang -- great to see her, it's been monthsss!!

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Rapture 1 - Chunky concentrating on the soccer match on TV


Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Rapture 2 - Wayno concentrating on the soccer match on TV

Sundays are great days for a bit of R&R, and I had just that. Had a potluck lunch thingie with the extended family, and the food was awesome. Especially granny's hokkien mee! Really nice having everyone together, which is a rare occurence. These things happen only during CNY. Thanks to my dear cousin Dre for organising it.. kinda. Haha. Of course, the Mummy and the aunties did all the cooking. All we did was turn up and stuff our faces. But oh well, all in the name of fellowship and familial bonding.

A busy week coming right up for me.. hope things go as planned! Readings, here I come!!!!

lying among the petals 5:12 PM
.speak.





the dear friends

Ade
Aloy
Alvina
Angie
Charkwa
Charlin
Dary-o
Draggie
Elgin
Emily
Ewen
Faith
Ian
Jacq
Jeannette
Jo
Jon
Justin
Karen.C
Keenan
KPKP
Lestero
Mark
Matt
Mau
Melch
Mello
Mingo
Mitch
Nat
Netto
Nik
Nitasya
Pau
San
Shane
Teresa
Valie
Vic
Wang mumu
Zen



archives

  • CoolBeansMy parents are cool. Yup, I think they ar...
  • Birthdays galore!It's been a fabulous past week or...
  • ARRGGHHHHHHHHH!!!!--------------------------------...
  • Three Things That Can Make Me Happy1. Not raining ...
  • Why, Cors, why? I cannot believe it. Despite my bi...
  • Blooper of the dayMelch: And I have a loft!!!! A l...
  • ReflectionsToday on the 151 to school, I was liste...
  • The Wild RoseRandom Brutal Love Dreamer (RBLDf) Co...
  • School starts officially for me tomorrow, and alth...
  • I don't know when I started thinking this, but ton...