Wednesday, August 10, 2005
School starts officially for me tomorrow, and although I guess I'm kinda looking forward to it (It being the times when I get to hang out in the CSS corner with everyone, meeting people for tea or a bitch-fest), I'm at the same time apprehensive, as I always am. The modules I'm taking this sem are different from the past sems, cos I'm only doing 1 Lit and 1 TS, and the other 3 are outside my major or from a totally different fac. Eep. I hope things go ok.On the bright side, I spent the last day of my holidays at the Expo with Melch, digging through some great buys at the John Little Warehouse Sale. I bought 2 dresses for school, only 13 bucks each! A white one and a turquoise one. Hurhur. Plus vitamin pills for the dogs at only 10 bucks for a hugeass bottle. Fed them to Owen and Sunshine just now and they seemed to like it. That's the thing about dogs, ya? They like everything... even boring old vitamin pills. (Liver-flavoured, though!)And on an even brighter side, we visited the Times Warehouse Sale. Oooohhhh. The Books. Didn't dare to buy too many books cos I know I'm going to be swamped with readings soon, but I just couldn't resist getting this trashy novel that looks potentially good (British writer - it better be witty!) and a mystery novel. AND the best buy of the day..... "Shakespeare - The Complete Works." Every single play, poem, or sonnet that he's ever written is in the book! I'm so excited. It's a gorgeous, brown leather book, and it weighs a ton. I had lots of trouble carrying that as well as all the other stuff I got, but it's definitely worth it. I keep looking at the cover with its gorgeous gold lettering, and I can't wait to get started. And it only cost me 30 bucks!!! So... a pretty nice end to my holidays, and I hope that tomorrow will be a good start to Year 3. Time passes too quickly, doesn't it?Happy National Day, everyone. Hope the fireworks were good.
lying among the petals 2:50 PM