Karen
Tuesday, December 13, 2005

Back, Broke, and Beat

Bangkok was great. The weather wasn't too hot, and it was quite breezy, so we weren't sweating like pigs as we traversed the streets of Bangkok, searching for good buys. It was really just a shopping-and-eating trip, and boy, was it tiring! The schedule went roughly like this:

8am - wake up
8.30am - breakfast
9am - leave the hotel
9.30am - reach town
9.30-1pm - shop
1pm - lunch
2-4.30pm - shop
4.30pm - tea
5pm-8pm - shop
8pm-9.30pm - nice leisurely dinner
9.30pm-12.30am - shop (nite bazaar)
1am- thai massage
2.45am - sleep

We followed this schedule for 3.5days, and I was totally drained by the time I boarded the plane back to Singapore. Eep! But ohhh mannn... the shopping was bloody fantastic. Everything was so cheap, and the stuff is nice! I really splurged on the shoes (we totalled 17 pairs of shoes between us by the end of the trip) and accessories.

I went with only 3 outfits ( I washed!) and toiletries, but I came back narrowly missing the overweight limit for my luggage. Bags, shoes, accessories, clothes, and other random pretty things that I bought for fun sure can weigh a ton if they're consolidated in a huge bright yellow suitcase.

And so now I'm back, royally missing the good food, the cheap stuff, and nursing my poor blistered and battered feet. *moans*

What I would give for a Thai massage now... 250baht....



Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

(click all to enlarge)


lying among the petals 9:35 AM
.speak.





the dear friends

Ade
Aloy
Alvina
Angie
Charkwa
Charlin
Dary-o
Draggie
Elgin
Emily
Ewen
Faith
Ian
Jacq
Jeannette
Jo
Jon
Justin
Karen.C
Keenan
KPKP
Lestero
Mark
Matt
Mau
Melch
Mello
Mingo
Mitch
Nat
Netto
Nik
Nitasya
Pau
San
Shane
Teresa
Valie
Vic
Wang mumu
Zen



archives

  • Wheee!! Bangkok, beware!!
  • So much for our good international relations!See H...
  • Rent - not a review, but a reflectionTo live is to...
  • -Dedication-For Kester. Just because.KPKP =>It's B...
  • It's the 1st of December. 24 days to Christmas. I ...
  • .... nice new haircut by dependable Sunny.... chic...
  • More and more people are getting their freedom bac...
  • I've been a lucky girl of late. First was Jacq's v...
  • Aaabbbb-Fab!!!Went to check out the Swiss Dream Ci...
  • Eeewww !!!Last night there was a dead lizard waiti...