Sunday, December 04, 2005
Rent - not a review, but a reflectionTo live is to love? To love is to live? Two theories - both different, both true. I wonder how many people go through their lives not feeling, not loving, not living. Not feeling a passion for something or someone - a passion that is so poignant and so real. These were the thoughts going through my mind this afternoon, as I sat in my seat at Kallang Theatre, watching the actors play characters that are distant in experiences, but so emotionally familiar. I was looking forward so much to Seasons of Love, and when the moment finally came, I was absolutely blown away. The singing was so intense and the lyrics so meaningful, I couldn't help but tear. And now I ask myself: Have I lived my life the way I want to live it? To throw caution to the wind and to feel? I wonder what it feels like... to measure my life in love...
lying among the petals 8:02 PM