Karen
Monday, December 31, 2007

The end of 2007 draws near and I reflect on the 365 days that have just fleeted by. New job, new friends, new experiences. But still, familiar friends, familiar experiences.

A year is never bad. Every year brings with it different joys, but also different sadness. This year, I experienced one of the greatness types of sadness that the human heart can ever comprehend- the loss of someone dear. It has taught me to love what I have, to see the beauty in all things small and seemingly insignificant.

My resolution for next year? In a nutshell, a very simple wish and goal. I want to be happy.

But to be happy means that I need to experience the downside of things. That is a phenomenon that I've always mulled over and found so intriguing.

Now, my question to myself is: Am I happy? Really happy?

Yes, I'm going to find the answer to that question in this coming year.

------------------------------------------

I guess today is a good time to add my final post to this blog. It has been an avenue of expression, of release, of sharing with others. But I know that I have changed. Call it the chameleon effect - we all adjust to our surroundings and experiences. I don't feel the need to share on this space anymore. It has been a truly wonderful ride, but it's time to move on.

To 2008, and to all other exhilirating experiences to come.

amai kioku, sweet memories


lying among the petals 2:03 AM
.speak.





the dear friends

Ade
Aloy
Alvina
Angie
Charkwa
Charlin
Dary-o
Draggie
Elgin
Emily
Ewen
Faith
Ian
Jacq
Jeannette
Jo
Jon
Justin
Karen.C
Keenan
KPKP
Lestero
Mark
Matt
Mau
Melch
Mello
Mingo
Mitch
Nat
Netto
Nik
Nitasya
Pau
San
Shane
Teresa
Valie
Vic
Wang mumu
Zen



archives

  • This is so sad. But sweet. :( I miss my grandma.
  • I care about them dearly and I wish things hadn't ...
  • -Princess Shopandeat in HK-Day 1Welcome to Hong Ko...
  • A picture is sometimes worth a thousand words. ...
  • I don't know what is it about the darkness of the ...
  • So cute!
  • Friday night at Walas was a horrendous disappointm...
  • A nice evening at Sheen's new place, which was lov...
  • Concert for Diana was great! My fave part? These.....
  • Tonight at dinner, we saw a girl who looked exactl...