-random bunch of photos accumulated over the past 2 weeks-
Somehow, Angie and I found time to re-live a little of our grad trip days by taking some time out to visit the gorgeous gorgeous gorgeous National Museum. We paid our $5 (student) entrance fee despite bearing the unadulterated glee of 2 very un-undergraduate people and spent a lovely afternoon checking out what the museum had to offer. Pretty good stuff, actually. I expected it to be rather boring, considering it is Singapore and there's only so much you can take of Farquhar or the Japanese Occupation, but I was pleasantly surprised. Lots of little details that made the history of Singapore much more personal as we learned about the experiences of people instead of just facts facts and more facts.
Here I am in this pretty cool dome that showed images of Singapore's everyday life. (Yes, that's a mosque!) Strapped on my neck is a massive electronic tourguide thingie that tells us about what we're looking at if we press the corresponding buttons, much like the one that they gave me on the Empire State Building when I visited NYC. Not bad!
Here's Angie in a blurry shot featuring a wet market.
The beautiful display of fabric in the Fashion area.
Here's Ewen and his buddy, Chicken Little. I've always thought they looked alike, and I think this shot says a lot. Even their hair is falling in the same direction.
Remember how nice and cold and rainy this past week has been?? Sunshine's keeping her nose warm as she curls up for a nice cosy snooze. So cute!!
My pudgy pigdog. He looks a bit disgruntled at me laughing at his waist while taking the picture. Lagi cute.